So Christmas had its share of drama (per usual)…
I got to Tyler about 2:00 pm on Christmas day. It was great to see everyone. Especially, Kim. We may be cousins but we were raised like sisters. I know I can tell her ANYTHING!! My other cousin Michelle was already tipsy. *sigh* Shane arrived about an hour after I did. He had to work Monday so we took separate cars. I gave him the grand tour of my aunt’s fab house and then down to the boat house where the pool table is and etc. My cousin Michelle was ‘hiding’ down there so she could drink in peace since everyone else is up at the main house.
Fast forward to about six or seven when open presents. Kim calls me in the bedroom and Michelle is passed out on the bed with a cup of red wine in her hand about to fall over. We grab the cup and leave her alone. About fifteen minutes Cammy comes up to me with three presents in his hand asking in the saddest voice EVER…”where’s my mommy?” We told him she was taking a nap.
I friggin LOST it. I sat my wine down. (LOL) and I went to the bathroom to let it all out. I didn’t want Cammy to see my cry. My heart breaks for the little man. A lot of memories came rushing back to me about my mom and how she was either mentally or physically gone from most holidays and I hate that Cammy has to experience it. My aunt finally went in there and told her to get her ass up. She did for a little while…but she continued on after that.
On Sunday, she started drinking the moment she woke up and practically stayed in bed all day passed out and only came out to sneak a beer or some wine. Around 6:30 she said she was headed to the boat house for the night. It wasn’t even 7:00 and she didn’t want to hangout with her family that she NEVER sees. Fucking bullshit. She's completely given up on her appearance. She's gained so much weight and never fixes her hair or wears make up. She's such a beautiful woman too. I know she's had a rough life but this addiction is making it much worse and if she loses those kids she will freak out. She drinks because she drinks. If that makes any sort of sense.
My aunt made some phone calls and we’re hoping there is a bed available for her at a treatment center so she can get more help. CPS will be called and Cammy and Hunter stayed at my aunt’s an extra night so my other aunt could take Michelle home and get some shit taken care of.
I haven’t talked to anyone since I left but this shit can’t go on any longer.
It’s unacceptable!!
Thanks for taking the time to read my vent.
♥
Thanks for taking the time to read my vent.
♥
I wish I could be there to help with those boys!!!! I will say prayers that they grow up strong and brave an was despite her actions!
ReplyDelete<3 You.